Having problems at work can be very stressful especially if you don’t know your legal rights.
Our employment solicitors are located across the UK and have a wealth of experience in employment law topics like, Unfair Dismissal, Discrimination Claims (Age, Religion, Race and Disability) and Constructive Dismissal. They are also available to draft or advise you settlement agreements and contracts of employment.
Employment Law Advice for Employees and Employers
If you have been bullied at work, victimised, unfairly dismissed or, unfairly selected for redundancy you may be able to make a claim for compensation against your employer. The employment solicitor’s web site is designed to provide you with the answers to the frequently asked questions. If you have any questions regarding UK employment law, then chances are that you will find the answer on this web site.
You also have access to a national panel of employment solicitors who you are free to contact and instruct. Unlike the majority of legal practices our employment solicitors are located all over the UK including Northern Ireland and Scotland.
Before you start it is worth remembering the following:
- you need to have been employed for at least two years before you can claim Unfair Dismissal. There are a few exceptions to this rule which are covered in our Unfair Dismissal Section.
- you need to submit your claim to the Employment Tribunal within 3 months of leaving your employment.
- there is virtually no Legal Aid for employment law with the exception of discrimination cases under the Equality Act. Some of the solicitors listed may be able to assist you on a ‘NO WIN – NO FEE’ or Conditional Fee basis. Please note those employment solicitors who offer this will only be able to do so if your prospects of winning are good. For other available payment options please speak with any of our solicitors.
The employment solicitors listed on this web site can provide you with help and advice on many aspects of employment law including:
- Unfair Dismissal
- Wrongful Dismissal
- Constructive Dismissal
- Transfer or Undertakings (TUPE)
- Maternity Rights
- Breach of Contract
- Bullying At Work
- Equal Pay Claims
- Settlement Agreement or Compromise Agreements
- Advice on employment contracts
- Paternity Leave
- Employment Tribunal Representation
- Discrimination at Work
Whilst it is possible to represent yourself in an Employment Tribunal, there is no substitute for having a highly qualified and experienced employment solicitor in your corner. Our employment solicitors are able to negotiate compensation on your behalf or submit your application to the Employment Tribunal to determine the outcome of your employment claim. An Employment Tribunal may order reinstatement or compensation or in some cases both. In some of the claims detailed above, there is no maximum amount of compensation that can be awarded.
Employment law is complex area of law and building a strong case often depends on uncovering relevant case law. Employment disputes are best handled by an expert employment solicitor with knowledge and experience of building a strong case.
Whatever your employment law problem, contact an employment solicitor today to find out how they can help you.
Please note that free employment law advice is available from both ACAS and the Citizens Advice Bureau.